I am a savoury person till the end, cheese was by far the hardest thing to give up but during one of my rare sweet craving frenzies (imagine Godzilla with a chocolate moustache) I raided the cupboard and created a variation of the old favourite. If you’re not a fan of nuts this is not the recipe for you as there is quite a strong nutty taste to these chocolate bites, however the dark cocoa means they have an intense chocolate hit too.
They are incredibly rich which is good for the waistline as you really can’t eat too many of them.
What you need:
– 1 can of coconut milk, chilled (you only need the creamy top so it’s best to make these when you need the rest for something else)
– 1 Large dollop of peanut butter (I like to use crunchy for texture and less stuck-to- the-top-of-your-mouth-ness)
– 50g of cocoa powder
– 5 tsp icing sugar
What to do:
– Open the coconut milk and scoop off the top creamy gooey lovely layer, be sure to scrape it off the lid of the tin too….that’s the best bit. (But don’t lick it cause I hear from people you CAN cut your tongue…not that I did that….)
– Mix everything together in a saucepan over a low heat until the first bubbles start to appear.
– Cover a baking tray with plastic film, pour in and freeze for a couple of hours or until less liquid.
Minor tongue injuries aside it’s really THAT easy to enjoy a vegan chocolate binge.
Or you could just buy the vegan chocolate that tastes like an Easter egg you found in November.